the medicine of our ancient elders
the tree that guides us & guards us
the undeniable smell of spring
lingers in the air
Balsam bud balm - or Balm of Gilead - is a classic old world remedy. It is the first medicine to be gathered in the spring from the mighty Poplar tree - it has a singular scent that floods the senses & speaks to it's deep medicinal qualities. I
It has myriad uses:
- Massage it into sore aching joints & muscles to soothe inflammation & reduce pain.
- Tend to stagnation in the lungs & open the airways by massaging into the torso & midback during respiratory illness - it is a stimulating expectorant & helps to clear mucus.
- Apply to any kind of skin infection, it's nature's polysporin.
- Rub around the ears in the case of ear infection to reduce pain, inflammation, & promote circulation to clear the infection.
- Amazing to have in your herbal first aid kit for bumps & bruises, cuts & scrapes.